Walk-In Treatment for Bronchitis at Our Urgent Care Center in Medford, MA
If you think you might have bronchitis, you can turn to PhysicianOne Urgent Care for treatment. We’re a trusted immediate care provider that’s been serving patients since 2008, and we’re pleased to offer walk-in care to residents of Medford, Massachusetts, and surrounding areas.
Bronchitis occurs when the lining of the bronchial tubes—which transport air to and from the lungs—becomes inflamed. There are two types of bronchitis:
- Acute – This temporary form of bronchitis is typically caused by the same kind of viral infection that can lead to a cold or the flu. Symptoms usually improve within seven to 10 days.
- Chronic – If you’ve had a productive cough for at least three months, and you’ve had symptoms repeatedly occur for at least two consecutive years, you might have chronic bronchitis. This type of bronchitis is typically caused by smoking cigarettes, but can also result from exposure to air pollution, dust, or toxic gases.
The symptoms of bronchitis often include:
- Shortness of breath
- Increased mucus production
- Chest discomfort
Acute bronchitis resulting from an infection can also cause fever, chills, headache, and body aches.
Although acute bronchitis often resolves without the need for medical attention, it can sometimes develop into pneumonia. You should see a trained professional if:
- You’ve been experiencing symptoms for at least three weeks
- You have a fever above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- You’re experiencing wheezing or shortness of breath
- Your mucus is bloody or discolored
- Your symptoms are keeping you awake at night
- You have asthma or another condition that could lead to complications
Because acute bronchitis is usually caused by a virus, it most likely won’t respond to antibiotics. However, we may be able to prescribe a cough suppressant, an inhaler, or another type of medication.
Visit Us Today
When you turn to PhysicianOne Urgent Care for bronchitis treatment, you won’t need to bother making an appointment ahead of time. Simply stop into our Medford urgent care center whenever it’s convenient for you—we’re located at 4110 Mystic Valley Parkway, in the Wellington Circle Plaza. You can also reduce your wait time by checking in online, or book a Virtual Visit.