Walk-In Camp Physicals Available in Groton, CT
PhysicianOne Urgent Care provides walk-in camp physicals seven days per week in Groton, Connecticut. You don’t even need to make an appointment! Just walk in and we’ll treat you promptly. Our facility is open for extended hours and staffed with highly experienced practitioners who can take care of the camp physical you need.
The Reason for Camp Physicals
Many summer camps require participants to receive a physical before attending to ensure children are healthy enough to engage in camp activities and any health conditions are noted and accounted for. During the physical exam, the practitioner will:
- Review the child’s family and personal medical history
- Examine the child’s heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose, throat, and major joints
- Conduct a vision screening
- Check vital signs and record height and weight
- Review the child’s vaccination history
If the child has any underlying health conditions—such as asthma, which may require the use of an inhaler while at camp, or a recent injury, which may limit the activities they can participate in—those will be accounted for and a plan will be developed for the camp directors to use.
What to Bring to the Physical Exam
To make sure the camp physical process is as seamless as possible, we ask that you bring the following documents with you:
- A copy of your child’s recent immunization record
- The camp physical authorization form
- Your driver’s license or another form of identification
- Your insurance card (if applicable)
- Credit card for payment
Camp Physicals at PhysicianOne Urgent Care
PhysicianOne Urgent Care is here to make sure your child receives his or her camp physical as easily as possible. Just stop in whenever you need us—even if it’s the weekend before camp starts!—and we’ll be here to take care of you. Our facility in Groton is located at 220 Route 12 near I-95.