Walk-In Flu Shots for Families in Franklin, MA
For flu shots and other important vaccines in Franklin, Massachusetts, PhysicianOne Urgent Care is an excellent place to turn. Our physician-led immediate care center serves patients of all ages, is open during extended hours every day, and doesn’t require appointments, so it’s simple to receive an influenza (flu) vaccine and consult with an experienced clinician about any questions or concerns you may have.
Who Needs a Flu Shot?
If you can read this, the odds are good that you need a flu vaccine. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends annual flu shots for everyone ages six months and older, with very rare exception. This includes young adults who are otherwise healthy. It’s particularly important for high-risk groups to be vaccinated against the flu every year, including:
- Adults ages 65 and older
- Adults with certain chronic health conditions, including asthma, diabetes, heart disease, and kidney disease
- Obese people with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher
- Children between six months and two years of age
- People who live or work in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- Pregnant women and women who have recently given birth
The best time to receive a flu vaccine can vary based on your age and risk factors, but the CDC generally recommends getting vaccinated by the end of October. Still, flu season sometimes lasts through May, so flu shots are better late than never!
Up to 20% of the U.S. population is affected by the flu and its unpleasant symptoms every year. Don’t be part of this statistic! Visit PhysicianOne Urgent Care in Franklin today to receive your annual flu shot and safeguard your health this flu season.