Telemedicine—A Convenient Healthcare Option in Ridgefield, CT
PhysicianOne Urgent Care has taken healthcare convenience to the next level by offering the option of telemedicine services to our patients in Ridgefield, Connecticut, and surrounding areas. If you need medical attention for a non-life-threatening health issue, you don’t necessarily have to take time off from work or school or otherwise rearrange your busy schedule. Just hop online and book a Virtual Visit instead! You can consult with a qualified provider via a secure videoconferencing platform on your smartphone, laptop, or desktop computer. It’s really that simple.
Although telemedicine is still new to many people, the concept has actually been an evolving aspect of medical care for quite some time. For years, it has been a key component of the triage system used by hospital emergency rooms, significantly reducing the need to unnecessarily transport patients from one facility to another. Telemedicine is also useful in an urgent care setting, allowing some patients to be assessed from the comfort of home. And as technology continues to become more refined, the advantages of telemedicine continue to increase, providing patients with even better access to healthcare and lowering the associated costs.
Preparing for Your Virtual Visit
To take full advantage of our telemedicine services and help your provider evaluate your condition, there are several steps you can take in advance. We encourage you to:
- Jot down a brief description of your symptoms. For instance, do you have an upset stomach? If so, how severe is your discomfort and when did it start?
- Track your data. If you have a fever, use a thermometer to check your body temperature, then record it along with the date and time.
- Think about whether anyone else in your household was recently ill.
- Prepare a list of any chronic conditions you have and any medications you are currently taking.
- If you received a COVID-19 vaccine, have your vaccination record on hand.
- Familiarize yourself with the location of the nearest urgent care center and emergency room, just in case your provider instructs you to go.
Due to COVID-19, businesses in many industries—including healthcare—were forced to re-evaluate how their services are delivered. As a result, the value of telemedicine quickly became apparent, not only during extreme times such as a pandemic but also during daily life. By taking advantage of our telemedicine services, you can directly connect with an experienced medical professional from wherever you are in Ridgefield. Book a Virtual Visit with a PhysicianOne Urgent Care provider today!