Walk-In Sports Physicals Provided in Groton, CT
If your child requires a sports physical on short notice, there’s no need to shuffle around your schedule to squeeze in an appointment at an overbooked primary care office. Instead, why not stop by PhysicianOne Urgent Care when your schedule allows? Our fully equipped urgent care center in Groton, Connecticut, is open 365 days per year and has extended evening and weekend hours. Plus, appointments are not required, although you can check-in online to expedite your visit. We’re here to simplify your family’s schedule and ensure your child receives the care he or she needs!
What Is a Sports Physical?
Let’s start with the basics—what is a sports physical, exactly? Also known as a pre-participation physical, this exam is performed to evaluate a patient’s health and fitness as it relates to sports. The goal of a sports physical is to ensure the patient is healthy enough to safely participate in athletic activities.
The details of each physical can vary based on factors such as the patient’s age, pre-existing conditions, and sport of choice. Generally speaking, though, a sports physical involves:
- Reviewing medical history and current health concerns (if any)
- Taking record of height, weight, and basic vitals such as heart rate and blood pressure
- Evaluating reflexes, joint strength, flexibility, and other important health characteristics
What to Bring to a Sports Physical
If you plan on visiting PhysicianOne Urgent Care in Groton for a sports physical, here’s what to bring along:
- Any athletic participation forms that must be signed by a medical professional
- A copy of your child’s most recent immunization record
- Your driver’s license, insurance card (if insured), and form of payment
Our team looks forward to meeting your family!