Upcoming Drive-through COVID-19 Testing For Pre-Registered Patients
In addition to daily drive-up COVID-19 testing at all locations, PhysicianOne Urgent Care is hosting drive-through COVID-19 testing sites at the following locations:
Melrose City Hall: Registration is now closed for this event
Friday, June 19
562 Main Street
Melrose, MA 02176
- Patients must pre-register online prior to testing
- During the drive-through testing event, licensed health care providers will evaluate patients who have registered online
- This testing event is for patients who have symptoms of COVID-19 present (fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, general malaise) OR for patients who have had close contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Essential Workers can be tested without COVID-19 symptoms present, but do require pre-registration as well
- Patients do not need to be within the PhysicianOne Urgent Care network but must be medically evaluated by PhysicianOne Urgent Care staff in advance
- This drive-through testing event is for COVID-19 virus testing (PCR) and is not for antibody testing
If needed, please call 855-349-2828 for assistance with drive-through appointment scheduling.
How does the car-side evaluation work?
During the car-side evaluation at the drive-through testing event, a PhysicianOne Urgent Care provider will address patient concerns, evaluate symptoms, and answer questions while the patient remains in their vehicle. Based on the findings of the evaluation, the provider will determine if the criteria for COVID-19 testing is met. If the criteria is met and testing is warranted, the patient will be eligible for drive-through testing during the event.
What is the cost for COVID-19 testing?
PhysicianOne Urgent Care will bill insurance carriers, including Medicare and Medicaid for the pre-screen evaluation and subsequent testing, if warranted.
What criteria needs to be met to qualify for a test?
To meet criteria for testing, patients will likely have at least one of the following symptoms present during the pre-screen: Fever, cough, sore throat, chills, general malaise, OR have had contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Essential Workers (health care workers, first responders, postal workers, grocery store workers, delivery drivers, etc) do not need to have symptoms present to quality for testing, but do need to schedule a car-side evaluation to be pre-screened prior to the drive-through testing event.
There are other criteria to be met to qualify for the testing itself, in addition to any of the above symptoms. These criteria include exposure to a confirmed case of COVID-19, active healthcare workers, patients over age 60 and patients with underlying health issues.