Result turnaround time update: Rapid (antigen) test results available immediately, PCR test results are returned the next day!
COVID-19 FAQs & Important Updates
COVID-19 PCR and Rapid (antigen) testing for patients with or without COVID-19 symptoms is available every day at all PhysicianOne Urgent Care locations. Please walk in to be tested, or reserve your place in line to receive a COVID-19 test at the nearest location here.
COVID-19 antibody testing is also available at all locations.
COVID-19 VACCINE UPDATES:
COVID-19 Virus Testing:
During your visit, the PhysicianOne Urgent Care provider will recommend one of the below test options after evaluating medical necessity, exposure risk, and the circumstances for which you are seeking testing.
PCR test: Anterior nasal swab to determine if virus particles are present. This testing is for patients with or without COVID symptoms and is available every day at all PhysicianOne Urgent Care locations. This test is sent to an outside lab, and currently takes 24-48 hours for results to be returned, the majority of PCR test results are returend the next day. The PCR test has a high-level of accuracy in detecting the virus, and is considered the “gold-standard” in COVID-19 virus testing. When proof of a negative COVID-19 test is required, most states, employers and schools require the PCR test.
Antigen test (rapid): We do offer limited quantities of rapid COVID-19 virus testing at all our locations. This test can also be performed on patients with or without symptoms of COVID-19. Test results are returned within 15 minutes from the time the test is administered.
COVID-19 Antibody Testing:
Blood draw to determine if virus antibodies are present. This test is appropriate for anyone who does not currently have symptoms of COVID-19.
- For the SARs Antigen (Rapid) COVID-19 test, the cost without insurance is $175 for the provider visit, evaluation and lab fees, should the claim be denied.
- For the COVID-19 PCR test, the total cost for the provider visit and evaluation is $130, and you will be charged for lab fees directly by the lab, should the claim be denied.
We understand how frustrating it can be when the cost for testing is not transparent at the time of the visit, which is why we share these costs with you. We ask that you leave a credit card on file with us so that if you are responsible for payment the credit card on file will be charged if we receive notice from the Federal Fund that the claim is denied.
Looking for testing options for your workplace or school? Please reach out to our Employer Services Team here and they will be happy to help navigate pricing and testing options.
For the safety of our patients and team members, we do ask that symptomatic patients (patients currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms) wait in their vehicle and call the center upon arrival, and our medical team in the center will alert you when it is time to come in to be evaluated. Asymptomatic patients (patients who DO NOT have COVID-19 symptoms) may choose to wait in their vehicle or in the waiting room prior to their visit.
Rapid (antigen) rest results are returned immediately. PCR test results are typically returned the next day. We encourage you to create a MyQuest account to be notified of your test results as soon as they are posted.
How to get your results through MyQuest:
- Sign up for MyQuest at QuestDiagnostics.com/MyQuest, or download the MyQuest app on your mobile device
- Check your email for a message from Quest. Click the link to confirm your email address.
- Log in to your MyQuest account using the username and password that you chose when you signed up
- Select the “Verify Your Identity” option. Accept the Patient Authorization (HIPAA Authorization).
- Complete the Identity Verification Process
- You’re all set! You will now get your Quest Diagnostics test results through your MyQuest account.
If you are having trouble setting up your account or need to access to your test results, please call us at 1-855-349-2828 and choose option #2 for “lab results”. One of our associates will be happy to assist you.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Please note: The health and safety of our patients and team members is our top priority. As such, we respectfully ask that our adult patients do not have visitors accompany them to the center during their visit. Respectfully, we request only one parent or guardian accompany pediatric patients during their visit.