What Should I Look for When Selecting an Urgent Care?
Illnesses and accidents don’t always happen during primary care office hours. To avoid outrageous emergency room costs, more and more families are taking advantage of urgent care services, which provide expert medical assistance for timely health problems. But, how do you know which urgent care facility is right for you?
Targeting Key Attributes
Not every urgent care facility provides the same level of comprehensive services exactly when you need them. Before you choose a service for your family's medical needs, ask the following key questions:
- Where are they located? You can't afford to drive miles for timely medical assistance. PhysicianOne Urgent Care offers nearly twenty locations in CT, MA, and NY with more on the way throughout 2017.
- Do they have convenient hours? Emergencies don't always happen during normal business hours. At PhysicianOne Urgent Care, we're open 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. on weekends and holidays. There's also no need for an appointment; simply walk in for treatment or check-in online.
- Do they accept my insurance? Urgent care facilities are inexpensive alternatives to the ER, (even if you have to pay out of pocket). PhysicianOne Urgent Care accepts most major insurances. Check our website or call a local PhysicianOne Urgent Care center to see if we accept your insurance plan.
- Do they provide qualified, experienced providers? Our medical team is comprised of experts who are experienced in either emergency or family medicine.
- Are they certified by the UCAOA? PhysicianOne Urgent Care was the first in the market to be certified by the Urgent Care Association of America. UCAOA Certification is an independent distinction that recognizes quality and safety.
- Are they affiliated with local hospitals? As a physician-founded, independent urgent care organization, we are proud to work with many area providers to seamlessly coordinate the care you need. And in some markets, we have a health system affiliate partner!
Meeting the Needs of Families
Not every urgent care facility is able to meet the unique needs of today's families. If you have children, get answers to these important questions:
- Can they perform tests? PhysicianOne Urgent Care is able to perform X-rays and lab tests on-site. This makes us well-equipped to treat the more complex problems that children often experience, such as fractures, sprains, cuts, concussions, or infections.
- Are they trained in pediatrics? All of our providers have experience and training in treating infants and children; because our experts have a broad variety of training, we are able to tap into our internal expertise in all different specialties, including pediatrics.
With flexible hours, affordable costs and close connections with area hospitals, PhysicianOne Urgent Care is specifically designed to meet the needs of modern families. When strict schedules and limited budgets complicate your health care needs, you have an affordable, reliable option at PhysicianOne Urgent Care. To meet with one of our experienced medical practitioners, simply walk in or .