Physicals Available 365 Days a Year at Our Urgent Care Center in Groton, CT
Does your child need a physical to participate in sports, attend a camp, or to enroll in school but the deadline to have it completed is approaching fast? If so, turn to experts at PhysicianOne Urgent Care in Groton, Connecticut. Unlike a primary care provider who might not be able to squeeze you in for an appointment in a tight timeframe, our center is open 365 days per year and can complete the following types of physicals on a walk-in basis:
What to Expect During a Physical
When you bring your child to PhysicianOne Urgent Care for a physical, he or she will be seen by an experience medical professional who will:
- Review your child’s health history, including illnesses, injuries, surgeries, or any other health conditions
- Check your child’s vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, height, and weight
- Perform an eye exam to determine if your child needs to get glasses or contacts
- Evaluate your child’s heart, lungs, abdomen, nose, ears, and throat to assess if he or she may have any limitations when it comes to physical activities
- Check your child’s flexibility, strength, posture, and joint function to see if he or she will be susceptible to certain injuries
It’s important to keep in mind that a sports, camp, or school physical is not a substitute for a more comprehensive annual exam and will not involve immunizations or further testing. Your child will still need to receive that exam at a later time.
If your child needs a physical, stop by PhysicianOne Urgent Care in Groton today. We are located in the Groton Square Shopping Center at 220 Route 12, near I-95.