The Team to Choose for Minor Burn Treatment in Enfield, CT
If you’ve sustained a first- or second-degree burn, turn to PhysicianOne Urgent Care. The experienced providers at our Enfield, Connecticut, immediate care center have extensive experience treating minor burns. And, like all of our services, minor burn treatment is offered on a walk-in basis.
What Does Minor Burn Treatment Involve?
First-degree burns (which affect the top layer of skin and cause pain and redness) and second-degree burns (which affect the top two layers of skin and cause pain, redness, swelling, and blistering) can often be treated at home by:
- Running cool (but not cold) water over the burn
- Taking pain medication
- Applying aloe vera gel (in the case of a sunburn)
- Applying an antibiotic cream and loosely covering the area with gauze (in the case of a burn caused by a hot surface or liquid, fire, or steam)
- Keeping the burn clean and monitoring it for signs of infection (which could include fever or discharge)
However, you should consult with a trained medical provider if:
- Your burn is at least three inches wide
- You’re experiencing severe pain or the signs of an infection
- Your symptoms haven’t improved within 48 hours
- Your burn is located on your buttocks, face, feet, genitalia, hands, or over a major joint
Keep in mind that if you have a third-degree burn (which affects the deepest layer of skin and produces a deep red, brown, white, black, charred, or leathery appearance) or a fourth-degree burn (which affects the muscles and/or bones and often involves nerve damage), you should call 911 or get to a nearby emergency room as quickly as possible, since burns this severe can be life-threatening.
Top-Notch Burn Care on a Walk-In Basis
PhysicianOne Urgent Care’s Enfield office is open every day of the year with extended hours, so stop by today to promptly receive minor burn treatment—you’ll find us at 55 Hazard Avenue. Or, if you’d prefer to speak with a provider from the comfort of home, take advantage of our 24/7 telemedicine service. Call us at 860-650-3848 with any questions.