- According to the World Health Organization, breast cancer is the most common cancer among women worldwide, and the second-most common cancer overall.
- Mammograms are the best way to detect breast cancer before symptoms occur, are big enough to feel, and when it is easier to treat.
- Women ages 40-74 years old should have a mammogram every year.
- The CDC offers free or low-cost mammograms and education about breast cancer.
Did you know?
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Men can also get breast cancer. In the United States, about 2,000 men are diagnosed every year and about 400 men die from the disease.
- Although breast cancer is usually found in women over 50 years old, it also affects younger women.