Can you smell that? It’s spring fever! Now that the days are longer we can officially start counting down the days till warmer weather.
Don’t let outstanding health appointments or nagging injuries get in the way of your upcoming beach days. In order to live your best life this summer, get your health in check today! Here is a list of things you might want to get checked out before the sunscreen sinks in:
- Back strains and ankle sprains: A bad back or bum ankle can put a damper on your summertime plans like hiking and camping. And while these injuries might seem minor, the longer you let them linger the worse they can get.
- Routine health screenings: Routine check-ups, including blood work and other lab tests, are a part of life, but don’t miss a picnic in the park with your friends because you’re stuck in a waiting room. Get those appointments on the books, or come see us at one of our locations to be sure you have a clean bill of health to enjoy the pool, park and everything in between.
- Infected wounds: A small cut or scrape now could turn into something more severe if not treated properly. Our experts recommend proper cleaning and bandaging your wound and watching for signs of infection. Concerned? Get checked out by a medical professional!
- Ear Infections: Earaches and infections are no fun and can be exacerbated by common summertime activities such as swimming. If you are experiencing any symptoms related to ear infections, it’s important to get them checked out now and determine an appropriate treatment plan.
- Any other health care doubts? Get checked out! Your health is not something to mess with. If you have any questions about your health, we recommend talking to a medical provider. We are happy to talk about your concerns via text (see the chat icon in the bottom right of your screen), virtually (book a visit here, available 24/7!), or in-center (find your nearest P1UC location).
Don’t have time to visit one of our in-person centers? Or need medical advice while away on vacation? We’ve got you! Our new 24/7 telehealth options make it easier for you to connect with a medical professional when you need it most. See us online in the middle of the night, and then in-person the next day to treat all of those health problems that don’t follow business hours.
Enjoy the seasons this spring and summer, don’t waste your time in a waiting room. At PhysicianOne Urgent Care, your time matters to us because you aren’t just any patient – you’re our patient. Our mission is to help you get the care you need when you need it most through an experience that is quicker and more cost-effective than the traditional emergency room.