The Benefits of Telehealth & Virtual Patient Visits
Today, there’s little that can be done in person that cannot also be done online. From shopping to connecting with friends, there seems to be an app or a website for almost anything one can think of—so why should seeing a health professional be any different?
That’s where telehealth and virtual patient visits come into play, allowing patients to speak with a medical professional without ever leaving the comfort of home. Depending on certain factors, a virtual healthcare visit might very well be a better option for you over coming into an urgent care center in person. Or, at the least, it may be a helpful tool to have available when you need it. To understand this more, let’s discuss the benefits of telehealth and virtual patient visits:
1. They Allow You to Rest
When you are not feeling your best, rest is often a major part of what helps you start feeling better as quickly as possible. If you need to get dressed, get in your car, and drive yourself all the way to the nearest walk-in center, you’re putting your body through additional stress that is likely no good for your current condition. Since telehealth and virtual visits allow you to speak with a medical professional from home, you can avoid needing to do any of this extra work unless it is deemed necessary for further testing or treatment.
2. They Prevent the Spread of Illness
When you’re sick, especially with an easily transmissible illness like COVID-19, it’s always best to take measures that reduce the risk of spreading that illness to others. By coming into a center—whether you know for sure that you’re sick, have been exposed, or are simply exhibiting symptoms—you risk giving that possible illness to others in the center and anyone you may have come into contact with on the way there. By choosing a virtual patient visit or telehealth option instead, you are keeping others safe while getting the same level of dedicated care that you would if you went in person.
3. They Are Effective
Telehealth and virtual visits aren’t just beneficial to patients due to their overall comfort and convenience, they’re also an effective tool that can sometimes give an even better assessment of your health than a face-to-face visit would. This is because:
- In the environment of their own home, a patient is likely to feel more comfortable discussing his or her present condition
- Telemedicine allows for family members who may be out of town or who live far away but who have necessary health information to join the conversation if authorized, which can be helpful for the practitioner
- All appointments are done through a secure video-conferencing platform that protects your patient information
- Virtual patient visits can provide a better idea about potential clues as to the patient’s surroundings/home environment that may be affecting their health, such as allergens
- Telehealth makes it easier for patients with chronic conditions to receive regular medical appointments with their practitioner
Schedule Your Virtual Visit With the Experts at PhysicianOne Urgent Care
Do you think that telehealth might be the right option for you? If so, PhysicianOne Urgent Care can help. We’re here to make things a little easier for patients in communities throughout Connecticut, New York, and Massachusetts by offering convenient telemedicine services that are available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
If you’d like to take advantage of our telemedicine services, request a virtual visit today. Virtual visits with our providers are convenient, private, and secure. Protecting both your health and your personal information are top priorities for us. Whether you need a virtual visit for COVID-19 or another reason, we can help you receive the right care for your non-life-threatening condition, right now.