Flu shots and vaccines.
Preventative health care is important, and PhysicianOne Urgent Care is here to help. Whether you need a flu shot, school vaccination, travel shot, or other inoculation, we follow the best practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). The CDC recommends that all healthy individuals receive the Influenza vaccine and that the following high-risk groups receive the vaccine whenever possible:
- Children 6 months through 4 years
- Adults 50 and over
- Individuals with chronic pulmonary (including asthma), cardiovascular (except hypertension), renal, hepatic, neurologic, hematologic, or metabolic disorders (including diabetes mellitus)
- The immunosuppressed (including immunosuppression caused by medications or by human immunodeficiency virus)
- Women who are or who will be pregnant during the influenza season
- Children 6 months through 18 years and receiving long-term aspirin therapy and who therefore might be at risk for experiencing Reye syndrome after influenza virus infection
- Residents of nursing homes and other chronic-care facilities
- American Indians/Alaska Natives
- The morbidly obese (body-mass index is 40 or greater)
- Health care personnel
- Household contacts and caregivers of children younger than 5 years and adults age 50 years and older
- Household contacts and caregivers of persons with medical conditions that put them at higher risk for severe complications from influenza.
PhysicianOne Urgent Care will not administer influenza vaccinations to:
- Children younger than three (3) years of age in Massachusetts and New York
- Children younger than five (5) years of age in Connecticut
Learn more about receiving your flu shot at PhysicianOne Urgent Care!
Immunizations at PhysicianOne Urgent Care
PhysicianOne Urgent Care offers a wide range of immunizations for adults.
If you have any questions about which vaccines are best for you, feel free to give us a call. No appointments are necessary, but call ahead to make sure that we have the vaccination you need in stock and on-site.
PhysicianOne Urgent Care offers the following vaccinations:
- Td- Tetanus, Diphtheria
- TDap- Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- TB Skin Tests (PPD)
- Flu Vaccine